You cannot change what you don’t acknowledge or confront. When we are broken of spirit, the wounds of the past can overwhelm us and cause us pain and suffering, but God can heal our brokenness. He can’t do this, however, if we don’t first turn our hurts and sorrows over to Him.There is nothing God hasn’t heard before, nothing He hasn’t seen. You can shed your tears and bring your heart aches to Him and He will heal your broken heart and wounded spirit. He understands your tears and will give you the grace to not only carry on, but to triumph, all you have to do is turn to him with a contrite and willing heart. Ask God today to be the glue that binds the broken pieces of your shattered soul back together.
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”Psalm 147:3
“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.”
“Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed.”Jeremiah 17:14
1. Actively seek God and His healing.
2. Confess that you are broken and that you are in need of His healing power.
3. Forgive yourself and others for whatever has happened. As long as you hold onto blame or anger, your brokenness will remain.
4. Let go of the bitterness and acknowledge that, no matter what has befallen you, you have something to be thankful for. This can be the most difficult step, especially if your loss has been a profound one. But as you pray to the Lord, He will remind you of the amazing gift that He has given you – eternal life and His unending love! With these two great gifts, how can we hold onto our earthly sorrows?
5. Express your gratitude. Prayerfully thank the Lord for each day ahead of you that is a wealth of possibilities and the grace that grants you peace.
6. Remember that God has not burdened you with more than you can bear. You are still here! And with God’s help you will rise from your knees with a stronger, steadier spirit than ever!
“The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth.”– Psalm 145:18
God will hear your entreaties and make good on His promise to you. He will bring joy and meaning back into your life.
There is a straight and righteous path to God’s healing if we know the steps to take:
You must admit that you’ve turned away from Him to concentrate on your own pain, and put forth a contrite and loving heart. Ask the Lord sincerely to take away your selfishness and your inability to turn from your sorrow and pain, and He will give you the strength and love to move beyond your past and step into a loving future in His presence.
How do we ask God to heal our brokenness? By making our wounded hearts and souls a living sacrifice to Him. Brokenness comes from holding on to our sorrows and letting them eat away at us. When we turn over those hurts to the Lord and ask Him to accept them, we have taken the first step toward healing.